Tuesday, November 21, 2006

mr sandman, bring me some SLEEP!

....so it's 1:21 am and for the second night in a row, I can't sleep. Asides from this being extremely frustrating, it's somewhat concerning. I need my mind to be sharp so I can do all my work! It seems I get sleepy precisely at the wrong time -- during class. Contrary to my usual get-tired-at-10:30-go-to-bed-at-11-wake-up-at-6am routine which has kept my body and mind in tip top shape so far, my bodily schedule is all out of whack. OUT OF WHACK I SAY! It has since turned into a go-to-bed-at-2-wake-up-at-6am routine, and I don't think I even need to explain why this is a bad thing. Ever seen sleepy Lisa? Sleepy Lisa = grumpy Lisa, and grumpy Lisa is no fun at all.

We could turn this into a riveting phiosophy 101 excercise:

Lisa is sleepy
Lisa is grumpy
Therefore if Lisa is sleepy, she is grumpy.

and now we have a truism. I think. Please keep in mind that I took this class some 6 years ago, and it was in French, too boot.

On top of all this I have thoughts of constructivism, functionalism and liberal pluralim running through my mind. Then there's the inductive qualitative paradigm that pops up now and again, and "am I properly using a semi-colon in this sentence?" .... "oh! now, what about dependant clauses?!" and "yeah that guy in my class is pretty cute", and "how the hell did I manage to talk for $142.79 worth on my cell phone last month?!"..................


Now if you will excuse me, I am going to try to convince my body (and mind) to sleep.

No comments: