Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Liftoff in T + 6 hours


LisaEurope 004
Originally uploaded by borderlys.
It´s hard for me to recreate the frustration I felt when my Air Canada flight to London was delayed 6 hours...First, that meant saying goodbye to everyone AGAIN - I mean, it´s bad enough once, who wants to do it twice? Second, it made me feel ridiculous for being so stressed out before my flight and getting into a few kerfuffles with family members. Third, it meant I was going to have to change my Wizzair flight to Budapest yet again (Originally, I was going to stay at Scott D.´s in London, but he decided to stay in Calgary for a longer period of time and wasnt going to be in London) and pay extra flight fees. All of a sudden my "cheap flight across Europe" was costing me about 200 CAD because of all the fees. If that wasn´t bad enough, the Customer Service Leader at Air Canada LIED to me about having a room paid in London, which put me out over 70GBP which I paid, for quite possibly the smallest hotel room EVER. EVER! If you´re wondering why Air Canada didn´t cover any of these costs, its because they were seperate flights with seperate companies. Why didn´t I book with Air Canada you ask? Well, because I have an acute sense of economics you see, I´d rather pay 40$ for a flight then an extra 200$ or more to book through Air Canada. I guess they won this round.

So Air Canada customer care solutions thought it would be a nice gesture to give the passengers 100$ on their next flight with Air Canada, which is only valid one year. It´s rather funny they gave that out....it´s almost like they assumed people would WANT to travel with them again! urgh.

Anyway, next up, Budapest and arrival to Novi Becej, Serbia and Montenegro...

No comments: