Wednesday, December 21, 2005

New life as AuPair


LisaEurope 052
Originally uploaded by borderlys.
So I somehow managed to make it into Serbia, and arrived to my new home in Novi Becej (pronounced novee bechay by the way). I live on a river side (Tisa) and it´s absolutely beautiful there! I am privy to frequent gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, I get to walk everywhere, and there is only one other foreigner there, John the American. My family is really nice and the kids are INCREDIBLY cute, although they can be a handful at times...especially since my Serbian is minimal. That being said, I am learning the Cyrillic alphabet and know some basic verbs after two weeks already. Ivan, the 5 year old is learning English rather quickly, and Nadja, who recently turned 3 is a bit too young to learn...but its so cute when she does say stuff in English. Vesna, the mother is home during the day and practices her conversational English while the kids are in school....so really, I get to hang out all day with Vesna in the morning and the kids in the afternoon....it´s a rough life, but someone´s gotta do it!

1 comment:

Borderlys said...

Yeah, tell me about it...and I still have to get around to writing a letter of complaint!