Sunday, September 24, 2006

gettin' whipped back into shape.

Yeah. My return to Canada has been somewhat hectic...I had wanted to write all about the Brighton chronicles and my time in Brighton with Scott but unfortunately too much time has gone by and it's just all one hillarious blurr to me right now.

I have, however, been keeping quite busy. Within one week of being home, I was already moving out temporarily to Bearspaw to house/pet sit. It's great -- I get a view of the rockies, I get the company of 2 big dogs and one cute cat, and I get an hour and 15 minute drive into the centre of town everyday. yugh. Why am I doing this again?? Oh yeah, wait, I know why...BECAUSE I AM BROKE ASS!!! (and they are paying me) Actually I ike housesitting but the timing this is a bit bad right now. I am housesitting for 3 weeks, which happens to be within my first month back, so I am running arround, driving nearly three hours a day just to go for a beer kind of thing. The problem is that I WANT to see my friends and I want to go out but once I get here and it's nearly 8pm, there is no way in hell that I just want to hop in my car again and drive out to the city centre. I can't afford anything anyway.

In other news, I played my first game(s!) of Ultimate Frisbee today...WOO! It was a jolly old time, except that I nearly died. What was I thinking!?! I can't run like a mad woman and chase a frisbee for two hours! I have walking muscles, WALKING! After our victories (not because of me, might I add) my toe curled up involuntarily and I couldn't get it back to normal!!! I litteraly had to pry it open with my fingers to seperate it from my foot. It wasn't painful per say, but it was most definetely weird. I think anytime your body does something your brain didn't ask it to is guaranteed to be slightly odd.

So now I am in Bearspaw with Socrates watching me as I type this between the online orientation for my Master's, online job applications, msn, and translating for a friend....which I should get back to.....

No comments: