Wednesday, March 08, 2006

all aboard!


all aboard!
Originally uploaded by borderlys.
So I just left Serbia yesteday for Romania in which the trip there and first night were a bit on the ridiculous (but good) side! First off, the train station was deserted and in ruins. It kind of made me wonder as if there was even a train but low and behold, a one wagon emtpy train was sitting there, waiting for me, the sole passenger, as the police and border guards looked over my passport. I was in a pretty good mood from the two beers I had had with Darko before coming and was excited about my trip. So when I got on the train it was chat chat chat chat chat with the conductors! When I got to Romania they even asked the Romanian rail workers if It would be ok if I bought my ticket in Euros, since I didn\t have any Lei and there was no time in between trains to go exchange money. I have to say, I quite enjoyed the special attention I got and had a smile going from one ear to the other!

After that I got to Timisoara and was greeted by my couchsurfing host, who has proven to be REALLY interstesting and we have already covered major subjects in our disussions! So we went out for a few beers and this is where the story gets intense...So we're in the place called Papillon and there are some French guys there - excellent - so we get talking and then I have go to pee, which should come as no surprise for those of you who know me and my bladder size! So all of a sudden I am greeted by this new aquaintance in the (unisex) bathroom where I am kindly invited to go back to his appartment with him. ?!?!??!?!? Wha? Did I miss something cause all this time I thought we were just talking!

Then later, a fight breaks out right behind me, I got some blood on my scarf, hair and jeans. Now I don't consider myself to suffer from princess syndrome, but I didnt thing some fat guy's blood on my clothes and body was pretty gross. Aparently that's not typical though, and I believe that. Romanians acutally have a rather peaceful history and that cafe/pub was sort of an artsy cafe that shows films on a screen and is populated with painters, sculpters, photographers, etc. and the people I met last night were really great!
Anyay, so after all this, I got hit on by a drunk hungarian-romanian sculptor that coulndn't formulate a sentance. All in all it was pretty interesting!
After all this, went back to Ron's place to head into some more discussion on a wide array of issues, watch part of a movie that I have yet to finish, and then head off to bed at the wee hours of the morning!

Now I am having coffee with lemon (definetely a first, but I can't say it's bad...) and will be heading out to town shortly.

No comments: