Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Shanti, I'm home!


Ever since I arrived to Montevideo (what, a whole 5 days ago…) I’ve been struggling somewhat to practice yoga. I’ve wanted to, my body has certainly craved it, but closing myself off in my room when I am in a new place that still remains largely undiscovered just doesn’t make sense somehow. Yet, I do think I’m at a point in my yoga where I could benefit from individual yoga – after all, I don’t want to be dependant on others leading my practice all my life. Individual practice was something I used to do regularly, but once I started going to Bodhi Tree, and my practice kept getting stronger and stronger (and I am not just referring to asanas), I got lazy and stopped discovering yoga on my own. I figured this would be the perfect time to do that.

Buuuuuuuut, I just couldn’t resist the cute little friendly yoga studio a few blocks from my house! It certainly is not the pristine environment of Bodhi, but there was something so warm about this place, with its paper lamps, Ganesh posters, incense, and welcoming owners/teachers. The class simple (and short!), but I left there feeling happy and serene. I decided I may not come to the studio several times a week, but I might splurge on 2 nights a week here and compliment it individual practice.

It’s funny how I am immediately drawn to the yoga community. I used to be so intimidated by it, but now it’s feels like home, wherever I am….

1 comment:

Jimh. said...

I don't suppose you know where the remnants of the German Pocket Battleship Graf Spee are, do you? I would be very interested if you did. I am a history teacher in Washington State. If you have any info and you are not stretched for time, please drop me a comment requarding it. Thank you! http://merlotandtheinternet.blogspot.com/